Rivers

Napo Jal Bachao Kal campaign - the pre-monsoon groundwater monitoring 2022 exercise commences
Before the monsoon sets in, 1000s of Indians in rural communities head out to measure the wells in their villages Posted on 12 May, 2022 03:07 PM

Starting May 15, 2022 Mamatha from Andhra Pradesh, and Rameshwar from Maharashtra, equipped with a mobile phone and a measuring tape, will be joining several others heading to their fields and neighbouring villages to measure wells.

Women use an open source groundwater monitoring tool that enables collection of water level data of wells and its collation on a web platform for easy access by all. (Image: FES)
Water contamination and pollution - A growing challenge for health and biodiversity
Contamination and pollution of water is on rise in India. Here is all the information you need to know on the causes and effects of water contamination and pollution.
Posted on 11 May, 2022 02:16 PM

Where is water on earth located?

Water on earth exists in two forms, freshwater and salt waterLess than 3 percent of the water found on earth is freshwater, and the remaining 97 percent is salt water found in the oceans.

Poisoned waters of the Yamuna (Image Source: India Water Portal)
Household Water Treatment and Safe Storage (HWTS) network
Sehgal Foundation, India, National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD), India and Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology (CAWT), Canada have joined hands to start the HWTS network to scale up efforts to improve access to safe drinking water in India. Please join the network if you are passionate about improving the drinking water situation in the country!
Posted on 11 May, 2022 02:01 PM

Vision of the network

All Indians must consume affordable safe drinking water.

Goal of the network

To increase safe water coverage in India, specifically in rural, remote and peri-urban areas, with a focus on the poorest of poor through implementation of household water treatment.

Objective of the network

WORLD WATER DAY 2022
Posted on 23 Mar, 2022 04:41 PM

TAKE THE ONE-MINUTE CHALLENGE!

Shoot a 60-second video and tell us… How does groundwater affect your life? Is there enough? Is it safe? What needs to be done to protect groundwater? Share your groundwater story!

Make your film…

Making every drop count: Micro-irrigation for tribal farmers of Gujarat
Subsidies enable tribal farmers to adopt micro-irrigation systems providing them assured irrigation Posted on 14 Mar, 2022 11:39 AM

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has recently released the second part of the Sixth Assessment Report – ‘Climate Change 2022: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability’.

this is test event
teaser for this event
Posted on 02 Mar, 2022 04:13 PM

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Phasellus faucibus, odio eget commodo convallis, nisl felis aliquet magna, id consectetur dolor enim eget leo. Nullam consequat vel massa quis porta. Mauris eget lectus quis risus molestie porta vel vel purus. Curabitur placerat leo quis enim elementum fermentum. Proin fermentum non dolor quis faucibus. Donec quis convallis metus.

Poisonous encounters, fatal outcomes!
A study provides new evidence that drinking water contaminated with arsenic can lead to still births, recurrent pregnancy loss and infertility among women. Posted on 15 Feb, 2022 01:56 PM

Arsenic, a commonly found element in nature is often referred to as a toxic substance and ranks number one in the 2001 priority list of hazardous substances and disease registry defined by WHO.

New groundwater guidelines prohibit industries and mining in over-exploited zones
Policy matters this week Posted on 08 Oct, 2020 08:45 AM

Revised guidelines for groundwater use notified

Centre issues revised guidelines for groundwater use (Source: IWP Flickr Photos)
No improvement in the water quality of the Ganga during lockdown: CPCB
News this week Posted on 08 Oct, 2020 08:28 AM

Water quality of Ganga river remained grim during lockdown: CPCB

Ganga river at Kachla, Uttar Pradesh. (Source: IWP Flickr Photos)
Government to get strict against wastage of groundwater
Policy matters this week Posted on 08 Sep, 2020 04:05 PM

Government prepares strict directives to prevent groundwater wastage

A resident in Delhi with her extracted groundwater (Source: IWP Flickr photos)
×