11 May, 2022 . 1 min read Contamination and pollution of water is on rise in India. Here is all the information you need to know on the causes and effects of water contamination and pollution. Poisoned waters of the Yamuna (Image Source: India Water Portal) Where is water on earth located? Water on earth exists in two forms, freshwater and salt water. Less than 3 percent of the water found on earth is freshwater, and the remaining 97 percent is salt water found in the oceans. Earth's water distribution (Image Source: USGS via Wikimedia Commons) Post By: tridmin Topic Food and Nutrition Regions Rivers Email Address View the discussion thread.